Sunday, April 20, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Well,

It looks like winter is here to stay. After a couple of weeks of spring-looking weather, everything reverted back to winter condition Friday. Today, I decided that weather was not going to turn me away and went to the mountains even thought the temperature was hovering in the single digits with some strong winds.
When I got to the mountains I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the weather was nicer out there with a wooping 25 *F and little winds. yippee...

Simply said: I went up in the trees on the West side of the mountain and came back down on the trail facing the South side. Stats: 2:17 minutes, 2700' of elevation gain, most of it in snow shoes.

Here are some pictures to prove that I actually got out there:

Will spring ever come?
D.






























No comments: