Sunday, April 27, 2008

Winter Wonderland Part II

Well,


If winter is going to screw up my training plans, might as well make the most out of it..... so yesterday, instead of training, I went skiing in Banff. I went with Rainer, Mike and Adrian (most of which Kent knows) and we skied hard for 6 hrs straight with no lunch time. Lunch breaks are for p.....


As always, we stuck with double black diamond runs for the majority of it. You can be the judge on the following pictures. Do those look double blacks to you? Don't worry, it is easier than it looks! but my buttocks this morning do not agree.... The total day was 25,000' of skiing and chair lifting!


The spring weather appears to be back after a brutal winter week. I should be able to go back to my regular running /cycling this week. I also been doing the gym exercice that Ron suggested: rotating a bar on your shoulder while sitting on a ball. Works pretty good and should certainly help my paddling.


Below is the famous Delirium Dive at Sunshine Village (near Banff). We skied that particular face 4 times. We went down the part that is in the sun on that picture. The top 1/3 is particularly steep (about 50 degrees). All is OK as long as you don't fall. If you do, you will most likely slide all the way down (and probably catch a few rocks along the way). It adds a little bit of adventure to skiing! Picture taken from the top of the paradise chutes (see next)





Paradise Chutes. We went down in the contiuously snow-covered section almost from the top.





Dom in the Paradise Chute (2)





No comments: