Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pimped My Bike

So I've been down for almost a week now with (what started as) a viral stomach flu thing. Since I have not been training I've had a chance to spend some quality time with my loved ones. Yes, I worked on my bikes.

Here is a breakdown of the work I did on my PQ racer - a Santa Cruz Superlight.



First off I ditched the crappy SRAM stock grip-shift grips and replaced them with clamp-on ones. I like this kind because they have a larger circumference that makes them more comfortable on long rides. I also replaced the "cheap" Speed-Dial SL levers with some Speed-Dial Ultimate ones I had on an old bike. Not sure if I saved any weight on this, but the result is much more functional.



Out with Egg-beater SLs and in with Egg-beater 2-Ti. These are a nicely worn black color.



I put some new tires on and I swapped the wheels from my hardtail. Look the same? Nope - the spokes on this set are titanium.



The finished product.

No comments: