Monday, December 24, 2007

Nose Hill Prairie Park

Welcome to Nose Hill Park, my main training ground.

This park is located a few blocks from my house and is about 5 miles wide by 5 miles long. The park is my main training ground because, on moment's notice, I can be in there running or on my bike. I usually run all around the park which takes me about 1:45 for about 12 miles, I've never really measured it.

My usual loop includes 4-5 hills (picture) that are about 200-300 feet in vertical climb over 1/2 mile. I try to hit most of the long and tough hills most times. however, if there is one thing I hate is repetition and predictability. So every time I go in there, I run a slightly different loop, which is why I don't really know how far I go. I guess that's also why triathlons do not appeal to me and AR does!





The park is a Hill in the North West part of the Calgary. The park overlooks a good section of the city, including the skyline (picture) and the airport. Yesterday was a much "grayer" day than usual. Usually, at this time of the year, the "land of the big skies" live up to its nickname.


Now when I tell you that I went for a run ... you'll know where..
Dom



No comments: