Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunshine on my .....

We had a great training weekend in Boulder and Golden, Colorado. On Friday, Kimo, Licia and I met with Craig Luebben for skills training on the ropes and rock. Craig is an instructor, experienced guide and author of several books and articles. He is also very patient and his help was valuable from the start. After he helped me with the gear and gave me a few pointers, I felt like I was climbing rungs on a ladder. Incredible! Afterwards, we made it to Boulder to attack Sunshine Hill and it was a different experience and soooo much easier than last time. On Saturday, I ran for 45 minutes on the trails around the reservoir and today I ran Mesa Trail---most of it--then went to Mount Sanitas again to try out some approach shoes. I bought a pair of 5.10 shoes at Montbell and the grip on the rock is impressive. It really helped my confidence.

No comments: